My main objection for 2016, at least the first half of 2016, is to get more attention. Nobody knows I exist, and with really only one book out, I can’t really blame them. This year will be focused on telling people to pay attention to me and why they should. Here are a few ways I plan on doing it:
- Giveaways – I plan on running a giveaway to coincide with the release of my second book, The Full Moon. Depending how that goes, I’ll do the same with The Harvest Moon in August when it comes out. In November, I’ll do another one for my holiday short story that I released this past year.
- Select – I played with Kindle Select a bit with my holiday short story, but this is the first time I’m launching a full-length novel in select. I may only try it for one term (three months) or I might do it for a second and go wide once The Harvest Moon comes out in August. We’ll see how it plays out.
- Audio – The response to my first two audiobooks has been great. Now that I have the hang of it and know the process, I’ll continue putting all of my books in audio. It offers a fuller-looking product page and gets my name in more places online for different readers. Plus, I can continue offering giveaways for audiobooks for reviews.
- Local – There are a lot of people locally that have shown interest in my books. If I can hook them now, they may continue buying my books for my career. Selling face-to-face doesn’t help my Amazon ranking, but it makes me more money.
- Ads – Online and in print (locally). My previous experience with online ads hasn’t blown me away but I didn’t use any paid ads and I only had one book out, so that was likely the issue. This year will be different because my catalog will continue to expand and my options will as well. Hopefully my wallet will follow suit!
The Full Moon is available for preorder. Reserve your copy on Amazon!
Kathy and her sister, Samantha, have always been a team. Throughout their time as witches, they’ve taken out more than their share of bad guys. But after Kathy meets Will, who she learns is a demonic Dark Knight, her loyalties begin to change.
Meanwhile, Samantha doesn’t trust Will or his intentions. Still, Kathy can’t help but feel tempted by the dark side as she falls deeper in love with Will. Crossing over would give Kathy the freedom to do whatever she wanted with her magic. No rules. No limitations. It would also mean breaking the bond she has always shared with her sister, who has made it clear that she wants nothing to do with the dark side.
When Will proposes they take over the underworld, Kathy loves the idea of having power. But it also leaves her with a choice that will change her life: abandon her family and the life she has always known, or give up the love of her life forever.